In close proximity to Sandgate’s Town Centre this property offers tranquillity that is synonymous with life in the country with its ambient setting and sounds of nature sprawling over these thousand square metres.
Occupying this land is a Circa 1930’s Ashgrovian Queenslander in superbly preserved original condition that has been managed with minor alterations and restoration works over this owner’s time in the property. Features and intricate details:
- Stained glass windows (including the front door),
- Ornate plaster ceilings,
- A formal entry with an archway,
- VJ walls, panelling with picture rails in formal areas,
- Window boxes,
- French doors,
- High ceilings,
- Timber floors, casement windows,
- Triple gabled roof,
- Weatherboard exterior with thatched panelling,
- Iron roof.
The elegant home offers much space to move freely about and connect with family and friends:
- Formal entry leading to lounge with gorgeous timber panelling and arches.
- Open plan kitchen and dining area.
- Refurbished kitchen includes walk-in-pantry area and Belling gas stove/electric oven.
- Spacious undercover rear deck overlooking the land.
- Updated country style kitchen
- Air-conditioned, huge master suite with adjoining study or walk-in-robe.
- Air-conditioned second bedroom includes a sleep out, study or robe.
- Single room at entry.
- Sunroom and study nooks.
- Refurbished bathroom on upper level.
- The workshop area below includes a second bathroom and laundry facilities.
- This eco-friendly home boasts a water tank and a 7kW solar energy system.
- Fully fenced 1,012sqm block with a 19.9m frontage.
The position of this home has many conveniences of Sandgate’s Town Centre only a stone's throw away:
- 800m walk to either Sacred Heart Primary or Sandgate State Primary Schools.
- Choices of high schools includes 2.6km to St Patrick's College, 2.6km to St John Fisher and 1.8km to Sandgate Highschool and conveniently located to school bus stops to a selection of other high schools.
- 1km to Sandgate Train & Bus Station (30mins to Brisbane CBD)
- 1km to the Town Centre which offers Supermarkets, post offices, retail outlets, restaurants, cafes & bars.
- 1.1km stroll to the beachfront where there is an abundance of activity such as kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, kite surfing, fishing, restaurants and cafes, and Aquatic Centre.
Sandgate also offers easy access to the airport, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast highways.